Join us & our pals within the Gaston County Law Enforcement, Emergency Response and more folks of awesome for this FREE family event!
The 32nd annual National Night Out is a crime and drug prevention event that will be held at Biggerstaff Park at 144 Leisure Lane, Dallas, from 6-9 p.m.
Free hotdogs, chips and drinks will be provided as a long as they last. There will also be a K-9 demonstration, free fingerprinting for Child I.D. kits, free games and a fire smoke house, First responder vehicle display and booths featuring other non-profit organizations to include the A.N.D.Y. Card Foundation, Guardians of the Children, the 4-H Club & the Bikin’ Dads Adventures crew.
The Delmonicos will also perform dance music, including country, beach, rock ‘n’ roll, funk, classic rock and top 40 for line dancing, waltz and other dances.
It’s designed to heighten crime and drug prevention awareness, generate support for and participation in local anti-crime efforts, strengthen neighborhood spirit and police-community partnerships and send a message to criminals letting them know neighborhoods are organized and fighting back.
Patrol officers, K-9 officers, and members of the Bomb Team, Marine Unit, Crime Scene, Negotiators and members of the Emergency Response Team will be present to answer any questions residents may have. County police will also have their specialized unit police vehicles on display.
What can we say, but Bikes, Friends, Food, Fundraising & Beer…mmmm all for a great cause! Register now, and come bring the mini-me’s to our bike rodeo portion. Make sure they have a helmet & a bike…
15, 25, 37 & 62 Mile Road Routes
* Youth Cycolcross Clinic and Race
* Kids Closed Loop Bicycle Course
presented by Bikin’ Dads Adventures
Also, we offer the following in the safe confines of Carmel Neighborhood Park:
– New this year! – VIP Packages
– New this year! – Youth Cyclocross Clinic (free but must register)
– New this year! – Youth Cyclocross Race (free but must register)
– New this year! – Kids Closed Loop Course in the Park by “Bikin’ Dads Adventures” (free but must register)
– New this year! – Walking Routes that are routed against the flow of the cyclist so non-riders can cheer on the cyclist and enjoy the shaded streets in beautiful neighborhoods while their friends and/or family ride.
– Live Music “Natty Boh Duo” these guys are really good! (free to all)
– Craft Beer Garden (purchase day of event)
– Lunch (you can order even if you are not riding. Order through the Register page. Lunch is included for riders if registered early enough)
– Great Raffle with dozens of prizes (Pricing – 1-$5; 3-$10; 7-$20; 10-$25; 15-$40; 20-$45)
The start/finish at Carmel Road Neighborhood Park (2365 Carmel Road, Charlotte, NC 28226) offers an excellent setting for our “Shade Tree Festival” under the large trees in the park. Our festival area will include Live Music, a Craft Beer Garden, Raffle Prize Exhibit and areas for Sponsor/Vendors Tents/ Tables to promote their Products/Services. Significant parking will be available at the Church at Charlotte parking lot adjacent to the Park.
Saturday, August 26th
6:45 to 7:45 AM – Packet pick-up and Registration Open for 15, 25, 37 and 62 milers
7:50 AM – Announcements for 37 and 62 mile riders
8:00 AM – Start for 37 and 62 mile riders
8:05 to 8:45 AM – Packet pick-up and Registration open for 15 and 25 milers
8:50 AM – Announcements for 15 and 25 mile riders
9:00 AM – Start for 15 and 25 mile riders
9:05 AM – Kids Closed Loop Course in the park opens (open until 2:30PM)
10:30 AM – Craft Beer Garden Opens
10:30 AM – Live Music Begins (ends at 2:30PM)
11:00 AM – Youth Cyclocross Clinic Begins
12:00 AM – Youth Cyclocross Races Begin
11:00 AM – Catered Lunch Served until 2:30 PM
12:45 PM – Raffle Tickets Drawing ( Pricing- 1-$5; 3-$10; 7-$20; 10-$25; 15-$40; 20-$45)
2:30 PM – Live Music Ends